Sunday, September 25, 2016

Blogging Challenge Week 3: Tools!


Craftsman penguin by Moini
For this week's #ETCoaches blog challenge, I will write about some of my favorite ed tech tools. Narrowing the list down was difficult, there are so many from which to choose! I'll write about some that I've used for several years and some that I am just beginning to use.

Google Apps for Education (GAFE) I think that moving to GAFE four years ago has lead to a positive change in the frequency and ways students use technology on a day-to-day basis in my district. Teachers and students have discovered that the built in collaboration and research features make the work of learning, solving problems, and sharing their knowledge so much easier. When the suite of tools was new to teachers, there was some initial resistance. I worked hard to learn the ins and outs of each of the applications myself, and then offer learning opportunities to the teachers I serve in as many ways as possible. Examples: Face-to-face workshops, online courses, video tutorials, webinars, and co-teaching. Here is my GAFE PD Website.

Don Johnston Snap&Read and Co:Writer These two tools were just purchased by my district. They are universal reading and writing support tools, available to ALL students. Learn more about the tools by reading my latest online newsletter. I plan to follow a similar plan to what I did when GAFE was first introduced: Use the tools myself, and offer learning opportunities to the teachers I serve in as many ways ass possible. I have lots of work to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment