Wednesday, June 20, 2007

One week is all it took!

After using Office 07 for a week, I already know I love it.  The ribbon makes sense to me and I really like the new features.   I know that it will take some time for teachers to get used to it, but I also know that they will also like it.  I spent last week exploring the programs with our district computer resource teachers.   We tried things, explored the new features, created written how-to directions and video tutorials.  Participatory PD is the best! 

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree, Office 2007 is pretty nice. I have only one complaint: The APA style feature does some things WRONG! You can actually ask it to do APA style with your references, but it doesn't put them in the format that the APA Style Manual suggests. Way to go Microsoft! Come out with a great new product and screw up one of the new features!

    Other than that, I have not found anything else that I don't like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam,
    When do the teacher's get a first look? I'm supposed to be teaching all the laptop kiddies how to use this software in the fall, yet I haven't seen it?!?

    Galileo was great by the way-- I can't wait to meet with the mentors and our group again. :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working on getting the teachers a new laptop and will let them know just as soon as they are ready. I'm hoping to offer some training on the pick-up day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to try it, and learn more! Always learning, right?

    ReplyDelete