Saturday, October 20, 2007

Student Voice: Meet Arthus

I just finished listening to Steve Hargadon's interview of Arthus, a 14 year old student.  Notes from the podcast is  available on Steve's blog.  Arthus developed an interest in the educational aspects of web 2.0 tools.  A few weeks ago, during a WOW Webcast on EdTechTalk, I noticed Arthus was in the chat room, bringing the student voice into the conversation.  I Arthus is an advocate for educational technology, due to all the educational benefits.  He joins the ed tech leadership community in many arenas:  he is a member of Classroom 2.0 on Ning, he joins webcasts on EdTechTalk, and Twitter

Arthus has his own blog.  I spent some time reading some of his recent entries and it is evident that he wants to make a difference in how schools are structured for LEARNING.   I think the voice of this one student will soon be the voice of many more.  Listen to the interview and see if you agree. 

Technorati Tags:

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I am trying to give voice to students and be an activist for intelligent educational technology.
    Thanks for the post! I hope you enjoy my blog, I've got a couple of interesting posts planned.

    I am trying to bring more students into the discussion. I think we have a lot to add. So far, I have gotten my friend gradster to start a blog.

    ReplyDelete