Tuesday, December 18, 2007

How long could YOU go without a computer?

I read an article in USA Today about some college students who are creating a documentary about life as a college student without a computer. 
.... is part of a documentary-making course at Carleton College in Northfield, Minn. She and two other students who went on the "computer fast" are the documentary subjects; eight others took turns filming. When the documentary is finished, they plan to screen it on campus and submit it to film festivals.

Students in the research study set goals for how long they could last without using a computer.  3 weeks?  4 weeks?  5 weeks?   I chuckled when reading about the experiences of the students, who are forced to using a dusty typewriter to complete assignments.  I remember those days...

I find it difficult to go even one day without doing something on my computer.  How long could you last without using one?

Technorati Tags:

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't go very long at all without a computer. I keep my family finances there, keep in touch with my students and their parents, not to mention preparing for and teaching computer and math class. I first touched a computer in my first year of college, an Apple II. In all the time that has passed, it's become as essential as a pen and typewriter back when.

    I got tagged with my first meme. I'm passing it along to you. Feel free to pass on it if it's not your thing.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete