Thursday, January 24, 2008

Flixn

[kml_flashembed movie="http://flixn.com/flash/players/camdefault.swf?videoid=tm3kjr" width="328" height="320" wmode="transparent" /]

A first grade teacher in my district just got a new webcam and is anxious to post some video on her classroom blog.  She asked me if I knew how to use Flixn.  I've never heard of it, so I figured I'd give it a try.  The program is very easy to use!  And it does not even require a log-in.  I look really tired and am having a bad hair day, so I apologize.  However, if you are a blogger and have a webcam, this program is worth taking a look.

Kudos to Barb, who has her first graders writing more than ever before... due to her blog.  The students love getting comments and sharing their writing with others. If you have a moment, they would love for you to make a comment.  Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Pam, not bad although I still prefer Google video and the embed code. With Google video you can turn off the sharing function which is important to me as I work with high school kids and I just don't need some bored high school kid posting my handsome face around the web. While I am sure that there is still a way, isn't there always, Google video will at least make them work for it!

    This does seem quick and easy and I was able to put together something pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thrill to be mentioned on your blog Pam! You give me so much to think about....and I even come up with a few things to think about on my own! :) haha!

    Glad to hear about the Google video option. I will certainly give that one a try! Thanks! I'm looking forward to doing more projects with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops! It looks like Flixn was soo popular they had to change tactics and will no longer function as is after March 30. There is a letter explaing things at their site. I have never tried google video but I heard the kids at school say it was blocked the other day. I wonder if that will impact my ability to use it at school. I heard from Mark Lada Math teacher at anks MS in WL) about voicethread and ed.voicethread recently. They are associated with each other and look like a cool way to post all sorts of things from videos to documents and have people comment directly. There are some good examples of having kids comment as an assignement.

    ReplyDelete