Monday, November 17, 2008

Week 2: 30 Days to Being a Better Blogger

Steve Dembo at Teach42 is hosting a 30 day challenge to bloggers, and I have kept up with his challenge.  I continue to enjoy the daily tips and ideas to improve my blog. 

Here are some of changes I made to Yes Tech!:

  • Created a new RSS feed.  I may have inadvertantly lost some of my previous subscribers in the process (sorry about that), but it didn't appear to be working well.  We'll see what happens! 

  • Learned about Browsershots, a tool that lets you preview any web page in many different browsers with one click.

  • Spiffed up my sidebar: added a pull-down menu to my archived blog posts.   I've been blogging for two years now, and the list was getting too long to keep in the sidebar.  Happy birthday to Yes Tech!

  • Added a "contact me" form to make it easy for folks to easily ask questions and keep in touch.

  • Laurie Fowler from Fresh Fowlers was a guest blogger on my blog, and I was a guest blogger on her blog.  I really enjoyed this swap with Laurie!

  • Created a "Best of Yes Tech!" page with links to some of my favorite blog posts.

  • I continue to watch the data from Google Analytics.  I am now able to see where my readers come from, what sites referred them, what keywords they used in a search engine to land at my site, and more.


Thanks, Teach42, for organizing the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment