Sunday, March 1, 2009

Gadgets Galore!

Pam's gadgets

I think I have a disease.  I am a gadetaholic.  I have all this stuff and I still want more. 

Look at all these gadgets that I'll be bringing to MACUL with me!  I'm facilitating a half-day preconfernce session in a blended PC/Mac lab, so I'm taking both an Apple and a Windows laptop to be ready for anything!  Other smaller items include:  a USB microphone, a flash drive, a digital camera, an mp3 player with built-in voice recorder, a portable GPS, a mini digital videocam, a webcam, a palm, a portable external hard drive, and some ear buds.  After the MACUL Confernce two years ago, a invested in a rolley bag to help me carry all this stuff. 

What gadgets are on my wish list?  An Apple iTouch (I really want an iPhone, but the monthly fees are beyond my family's budget), and an HP 2140 mini PC.  I've been using a demo model to test how it will work for our district's laptop program, and LOVE IT.  I'll probably come home from the conference with a new and improved wish list after cruising through the vendor area.

2 comments:

  1. Smiles
    I enjoyed this article -- and understand TOTALLY!! Just got back from ICE and had a list of tech stuff I had to take as well.

    What I am wondering though is -- could almost everything you needed be found within the ipod touch or phone. I know the camera, the mp3, the GPS, the digicam -- and you can also have Office on your iphone/touch now too.

    Just wondering -- how our lives will change in the next few years. Keep this picture handy -- it might become a REMEMBER WHEN??

    :)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. All good Ed-Techies are, or should be Gadget-a-holics.. Well done!

    ReplyDelete