Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Web 2.0 Usergroup Update - Meeting #2



I've met with three of the school-based web 2.0 usergroups (2nd meeting). It is nice to work with smaller groups right in their schools. Each meeting has started with a discussion of Will Richardson's Edutopia article, "The New Face of Learning" ... a great start to any meeting! The teachers are both scared and excited to learn more about web 2.0 tools and seem to really enjoy learning together. By the end of the meeting, the teachers are using bloglines and delicious and will be adding to their accounts throughout the next month. I look forward to hearing about their experiences!

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I've been following your Web 2.o series andjust wanted to share the resource I've created for delivery of PD on Web 2.0 topics with the participants in our Literacy with ICT sessions this year. http://joevans.pbwiki.com

    I'm an elementary school principal and technology teacher. I also blog at the IMYM Tutorials blog http://nlcommunities.com/communities/joevans/default.aspx

    Cheers

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam,

    I've done some similar things as well. It would be neat to use some of the web2.0 tools and bring our groups together sometime....Skype, Vyew...lots of possibilities. I'd be interested.

    ReplyDelete