Friday, August 1, 2008

Goodbye to an On-line Friend

I just learned that Lee Baber died last night.  I have never met Lee in person, only on-line through Skype or one of the Edtechtalk.com shows.  She has always been so helpful to others - guiding, encouraging, and nudging us all as we work together to increase the occurance of 21st century instruction into classrooms around the globe.  She has been researching and studying what a classroom of the 21st century should look like.  Read more about her ideas and research on her blog.

I am feeling sad with the loss of my online friend.  It is a somewhat strange feeling; I've never felt this type of sorrow for someone I have never met face-to-face.  I suppose this is one small indicator that shows the way the world is changing due to the power of technology. 

I will miss Lee's friendship and support; I hope that I can influence others in similar ways - people I have met in person & people I have only met on-line.

No comments:

Post a Comment