Saturday, January 2, 2010

365 Photo of the Day

I did it!  I took a photo every day, beginning January 1, 2009, and posted to a Flickr group and my photo blog.  I found that the project helped me to notice details and use photography in new ways.  Previously I took photos only of my family and usually only on vacations or at special events.  The project made taking pictures a habit for me.  I purchased a small automatic camera ( Nikon Coolpix) and carry it in my purse.  I'd love to get a new camera with a quicker shutter speed and more zooming ability.... some day.  

I "met" lots of great people who also share a photo of the day.  People from all over the world share and learn from each other, so it's been a great experience.  However, taking an interesting picture every day was a challenge.  Many days I left for work in the dark and arrived home in the dark. 

I still haven't decided if I will continue the project for 2010, but need to soon, as it is already January 2.   The EdTech 2010 Flickr group already has 137 members!

No comments:

Post a Comment