Monday, February 18, 2008

MACUL Conference Session

book.gif

This is a cross-post from the MACUL blog and the MI DEN blog.

I've been off this week for mid-winter break, and have spent lots of time preparing for my MACUL presentation. I have a few book studies that I facilitate, focusing on Using Technology with Classroom Instruction That Works. During my session, I'll be sharing how I structure and facilitate my book studies, along with all the materials I use.

Most everyone probably knows about Marzano's nine instructional strategies that improve student achievement, according to thousands of research studies (Classroom Instruction That Works: Research-Based Strategies for Increasing Student Achievement). This new book shows how technology can support the nine strategies. I thought about writing a similar book about a year ago... wish I had acted quicker, as the authors beat me to it!

My session will be on Thursday, March 6, from 2:30-3:30pm. I'll be sharing some on-line and printable resources that participants can use for their own book studies. K-12 teachers may learn about some ready-to-use tips and strategies that can make a positive difference for student learning. Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am one of the four co-authors. We are glad to hear you are benefiting from our book. If you would like to discuss professional development options such at McREL's Online Learning Community based on the book, give us a call.

    Sincerely,
    Matt Kuhn
    Lead Consultant
    Educational Technology
    McREL (Mid-continent Research for Education and Learning)
    4601 DTC Boulevard, Suite 500
    Denver, CO 80237-2596
    mkuhn@mcrel.org
    303-632-5628

    ReplyDelete